Is is worth paying a 75% mark up on food instead of donating that money to someone who needs it? We decided, no.

September 7, 2014

Welcome to Feed the Real Need 2014 !

Hi my name is Gemma (with a 'j').  I am 7 years old.  I love to craft and make things for other people!  I also love art.  We are starting Feed the Real Need for the FOURTH YEAR!!  We are not going to eat out or spend money at restaurants until Christmas Break.  That's 3 and a half months!

This year it is kind of hard for me to want to do it.  I want to and I don't want to.  But I am going to.  I'm going to because I want to help other people.  I know that when we give people the money we saved at the end I will be glad I did it.  My favorite thing we've done is help girls get an education in the Middle East.  This year I hope we can do even more.

I hope you can join us!  I'd love to hear YOUR stories!  You just have to eat at home instead of at a place one night and then give the money you save to charity.  This is kind of hard for me because I love eating out, especially at Red Robin.  We don't go there very much so it's like a special treat.  But I can go again in December!

1 comment:

Mama H said...

This is a great post! Way to go, Valentines - such a great activity to do together and does so much good.
We'll be cheering for you!