Is is worth paying a 75% mark up on food instead of donating that money to someone who needs it? We decided, no.

August 28, 2011

Friends and Food

I set up a little baby shower/dinner for my little sister a couple weeks ago before we started this blog.  We were going to one of my favorite restaurants so I admit that I was a little sad as I made dinner at home and ate with the family.  I didn't want to miss the whole event so I thought I'd just get a small something and donate the rest but my sister, Emilie was sneaky and paid my tab so I will donate it all - yipee!  You know, I anticipated to feel somewhat envious as everyone else ate delicious, profesionally created meals around me but I gotta say that, with a full tummy I was totally content with the tiny cup of soup I ordered.  How much excess do I spend just because hunger is such a powerful motivator?  We're about to find out!  Thanks for a fun night, sistas and thanks, kids for double and triple checking with me when I got home to make sure I was sticking to the plan :)

No comments: